Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What I am reading

Well, I have finished Down the Rabbit Hole: an Echo Falls Mystery by Peter Abrams. It took me a while to get into it. Once I did I had to keep reading to find out who did committed the murder. I won't tell you that because it would ruin the surprise. Ingrid is our main character who is in eighth grade. She is involved in many things including soccer and acting. She did not witness the murder that happened in Echo Falls but she was there right before and is not telling anyone. However, she left behind her soccer cleats and while she goes back and gets them, the police have them in a photograph of the crime scene. Ingrid spends a lot of time dodging questions while also trying to figure out who the murder is. Let me know what you think if you have read it.

Now I am taking home with me is Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher. It is a novel about suicide with a lot of suspense the front cover tells me. We shall see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda,

I like the new look blog. It is eyecatching and informative. I think that staff and parents will like the informative links to other LMC information and topics. The "upcoming LMC dates" section reminds me that I need to reserve the LMC for Election Day before someone else grabs that day. I think we (Social Studies) will do a building wide election in the LMC similar to what we did 4 years ago.

Gary

Anonymous said...

The blog looks good. This is a great idea for students and teachers to communicate with each other.
Some of it is printed in a foreign language which I could not get translated into English. The section on meeting you would not translate.
Sandra

Unknown said...

Brenda,
I just finished reading Victory which is on the children's choice list this year. I actually think it might be a better fit for middle school. There is just a little too much violence and language for the elem. shelf. Read it and see what you think!
Jenny Wirtz

Mrs. Hodnett said...

Jenny, I have just covered Victory, I will have to read it soon. Thanks.